Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing 16 Sandbox

Like I commented in Sandbox, this whole experience has been eyeopening. Although, I know that there is sooo much yet to learn. It has been fun stepping outside my comfort zone (slowly getting over fear of the unknown). I am actually excited to get online everyday and see if anyone has commented on my blogs. It is nice to know that you are connected with so many people that are working together. I think that this experience is not only going to help me professionally but also with my own children as their education will definetly be more technology driven. Wikis is good tool. I guess my only concern is that if not restricted anyone can edit other posts.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, things can be changed. There are a couple of things you can do...depending on the age of your students, you can register their emails so that only they can write in the actual wiki...you could leave comments open for anyone, but they couldn't "mess" with the content...and of course, be sure and set the class standards and have them practice net "maners." We all have to teach our kids how to behave in the digital world jsut like we do in the real world! No, it won't be easy n the beginning, but s the kids begin to value the expereince, they will take care of the expereince and allow no one to mess it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the edit button was stuck...I meant to also add this, if you studnets are too young for individual emails, create a class email that is separate from any of your "life" and let all of them use it and put ther names/initials/code name next to their work.

    ReplyDelete