Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing 15

Good afternoon,
I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday afternoon. I can't believe that I am finally finishing up week 6. This has been quite a learning experience and test of my patience. It has also made me realize that the opportunities to access information are endless online. I am way behind the times in this respect. I was excited when I learned how to do an attachment on email. I now know that is nothing to what is out there to learn. After reading the articles about Library 2.0, I am excited about all the possibilities and all that is available to you online. I think like everything else change is hard but necessary to move forward. The traditional library is still important but the opportunities to connect with others, gather information OPAC and the creativity 2.0 allows each individual is endless. My only concern is training in technology that we must give our students to help them use this its full potential and the access to computers in the home for those less fortunate. That is why I think Library 2.0 is a valuable resource but there is still a place for its original setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment