Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #7

It is amazing the amount of things that can be done online. Today, I used google calendar to record some of my summer plans. It seems pretty easy. I am used to writing everything down in a calendar that I carry around with me. It is a nice tool to use to send agenda to family or friends that might need to know my whereabouts. I am not sure how practicle it would be for me to use on a daily basis simply because it would require spending more time on the computer.
Right now it seems less time consuming to just write it down. I also, played around alittle on Google Doc.'s which seems very helpful for creating, collaborating and sharing different kinds of documents. I think this is great for both educators and students working together on projects.
I will definetly spend more time exploring this tool.
Have a great evening!!!

2 comments:

  1. You will like the calendar. I am such a calendar person and always have several around on my desk, circulation counter, bulletin boards, so having one on the computer works well for me too. Sounds like this is something that you will really get into.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use online calendars at school and home. I like the feature that reminds you of upcoming plans and activites. I also like how you can categorize what kind of event it is. Sitting down and inputting the infor is probably the most difficult part of an online calendar. But it works for me. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete