Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thing 6




It's me again! Although, I am not a librarian. I can see the advantages of the flickr services in the classroom. I think it allows for more creativity and is more engaging for students than traditional research papers. Students have a variety of choices in presenting their projects. I can see it being even more enjoyable for parents helping their kids with homework. Take a look at my trading card and magazine cover that were inspired by my first exploration of photo search on flickr.

1 comment:

  1. think about what student would have to do if part of the project included having to tell or write about WHY a certain picture was selected to represent the idea...no copy/paste of someone else's words possible...and higher level thinking in coming up with the reason!!

    and TOTALLY agree how many parents may be drawn into assignments with the additional of some fun picture surfing, etc.

    ReplyDelete